The 2023 Old Farmer’s Almanac
Where You Can Buy The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Welcome, friends, to the 2023 Old Farmer’s Almanac! This is where you’ll find the classic paperback, hardcover, and digital editions of America’s #1 Almanac!
Always reliable and entertaining, this handy yellow book is a “true” Almanac—a calendar of the heavens, a time capsule of the year, and an essential reference that reads like a magazine. Always timely, topical, and distinctively “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor,” the Almanac is useful DAILY in all walks of life.
Now in its 231st year, The Old Farmer’s Almanac is STILL the best-selling annual in the United States and Canada, thanks to readers from coast to coast! The longest-running periodical in America (since George Washington was president!), it’s a timeless guide to daily living. With our long-standing commitment to “new, useful, and entertaining matter,” you can count on your new edition to deliver a comprehensive and trustworthy guide to 2023.
What’s Inside the 2023 Almanac
As always, you can count on this year’s edition to contain the fun facts, predictions, and feature items that have made it a cultural icon, including:
- Timetables for the year’s astronomical events, from full Moons to meteor showers
- Long-range weather forecasts for every month, week, and day of the year
- Best Days to do things (from fishing to weaning, from planting to setting eggs)
- Contests and mind-mangling puzzles
- Quirky facts, timeless adages and advice, pithy quotes, and profound proverbs!
And much, much more ... including these informative articles:
- 2023 TRENDS—Facts to ponder and forecasts to watch for.
- THE MYTH AND MYSTERY OF MISTLETOE—How kissing under the “dung twig” became a custom, plus the plant’s new esteem as a life saver.
- TURN UP THE HEAT!—Tips for growing hot, hotter, and superhot chiles.
- WHY BIRDS FEATHER THEIR NESTS—and other secrets of avian abodes.
- PICK YOUR PERFECT PERENNIALS—Plants that promise carefree, long-lasting color no matter where you live.
- DELICIOUS DISHES FROM A UKRAINIAN CHRISTMAS—Recipes and traditions to make the holidays extra special.
- 2022 RECIPE CONTEST WINNERS—Fresh and easy ways to enjoy bananas for breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- FARMING: MAKING A GROW OF IT—U.S. and Canadian farmers share their stories, inspirations, and dreams.
- IT’S ABOUT TIME!—Two centuries of timekeeping—and not a minute more.
- PROPITIOUS PLANTING DAYS—Traditional techniques for setting seeds.
- SNEEZE, WHEEZE, ITCH, DRIP: IT MUST BE HAY FEVER—Settle in for a complete diagnosis of this common affliction that is not a fever and has nothing much to do with hay.
- EGG HATCHING 101—For healthy chicks, practice these folk ways on these best days.
- MILLET RISING—This “future-smart” food is not just for the birds.
- HANGING BY A SILKEN THREAD—Facts and folklore about nature’s web gurus: spiders.
- HOW HAPPY IS A CLAM? (AND SO FORTH)—Unequivocal answers to some of life’s most equivocal questions.
- THE LITTLE-KNOWN JOURNEY OF WILLIE O’REE—Meet the Canadian who broke the National Hockey League’s color barrier.
- FAMILY TREASURES—How to downsize, organize, and safeguard your keepsakes and collections.
- ANECDOTES & PLEASANTRIES—Readers share rib-tickling riddles, quips, and fun facts.